January 1

Happy New Year!

I would just like to wish everyone a very Happy New Year!

As I go in to 2017 and think about all the New Year’s Resolution possibilities, I wonder what I should focus on this year. There are the usual suspects- lose weight, get in shape, eat healthy, stop smoking, stop drinking, and so on, but many of these do not apply to me- I don’t smoke or drink, I think I eat pretty healthily and I feel as though I am a healthy weight and in shape, although we could all use exercise. A few things do come to mind though. One being learning better parenting skills so that I can better support my boys in their growth and development. Another, developing more of a growth mindset in all areas of my life. A third possibility would be to be a more attentive wife and mother. An finally, a better classroom planner. When I consider all of these areas that I want to better myself, I think of the fact that I work on these areas all the time. In fact, I just need to change how I look at them. If I came at it from a growth mindset perspective, I would be able to better use my mistakes as learning opportunities instead of cutting myself down for failing once again.

With that being said, I have chosen a New Year’s Resolution- Be accepting of my mistakes and use them as opportunities to learn and grow. I know that I am not perfect, but I can be better with self-reflection and positive self-talk. My goal is to gain some self-esteem and to stop always cutting myself down.

A huge part of attaining my goal will be to continue to learn more about the growth mindset. I am thankful for the opportunity to lead book study and learn from everyone who will be participating. I am also thankful for my amazing family, especially my super supportive husband. I know that Dacen will always be there to support me with anything I decide to do, and I definitely know that he will be willing to help me work on my positive self-talk and self-reflection.

I sincerely hope that all of you have a wonderful 2017. May you all be blessed with the support you require. I am super excited about what 2017 will bring! Here’s to a New Year full of opportunities, possibilities, learning and adventures!

Posted January 1, 2017 by tiebcmembers in category Mindsets in the Classroom